Innovation for Development Specialist в ПРООН в Україні.
Більше можливостей для працевлаштування у розділі «Вакансії».
Title: Innovation for Development Specialist
Vacancy End Date (Midnight New York, USA): 22/08/2019
Education & Work Experience: G-Bachelor’s Level Degree — 7 year (s) experience, I-Master’s Level Degree — 5 year (s) experience
Vacancy Type: TA International
Contract Duration: 364 days
Please apply through this link: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=25348&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2
The UNDP Strategic Plan 2018−2021 embraces the complexity of development and commits the organization to helping countries find faster, more durable solutions to achieve Agenda 2030 and improve lives of people. Important development trends like urbanization, climate change, and inequality pose significant challenges on the path to achieve the 2030 agenda.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the UNDP Deputy Resident Representative, the Innovation for Development Specialist will:
1. Provide advice to Senior Management and Program team on the newest technology and innovation for development trends and co-design context sensitive solutions in support of the achievement of the SDGs at national, regional and local level.
2. Provide technical assistance to the programme and operations teams, including the Accelerator Lab team (for improved planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) in the areas of collective intelligence, sense-making, fast exploration, impact evaluation, horizon scanning, systems’ mapping and new business models;
3. Contribute to the development of the private sector engagement for the achievement of the SDGs in Ukraine;
4.Contribute to the innovation learning in UNDP CO and with partners and stakeholders in Ukraine
The Innovation for Development Specialist will interface with UNDP’s partners and stakeholders including the broader Accelerator lab network, UN Agencies, other development partners, civil society and the private sector.
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Provide advice to Senior Management and CO team on the latest technology and innovation for development trends contributing to development of context sensitive development solutions in support of the implementation of the SDGs at national, regional and local level.
2. Provide technical assistance to the programme and operations teams including the Accelerator Lab team in areas of collective intelligence, sense-making, fast exploration, impact evaluation, horizon scanning, systems’ mapping and new business models.
3. Contribute to the development of the private sector engagement for the achievement of the SDGs and diversification of UNDP’s partnerships base in Ukraine.
4. Contribute to the innovation learning in UNDP CO and with partners and stakeholders in Ukraine.
- People Management;
- Strategic thinking/Visioning;
- Collaboration and Partnership;
- Advocacy and Activations;
- Knowledge Management;
- Project management;
- Report writing;
- Gender and Institutional Development.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in social policy, public policy, public administration, politics, economics, international relations, project management, development studies, social sciences, law or a related area.
- Bachelor’s degree with additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
- At least 5 years with Master’s degree or equivalent or 7 years with Bachelor’s degree of relevant experience at national or international level in providing socio-economic and development related advisory services, including establishing and running innovating outfits;
- Experience in policy-level analysis, design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects is desired;
- Solid experience in conceptualizing and running experiments; proven experience in running behavioral experiments, work with thick and big data, collaborative experimentation work is a distinct advantage;
- Advanced understanding of economic theories, principles and their applications to national economic and development issues is an advantage;
- Proven capacity to deal with complex policy analysis and to promote innovation, including collaborative innovation is an advantage;
- Experience with private sector engagement; proven experience in development and modernization of business models, business innovation and engagement with private sector for accelerated achievement of the SDGs is an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems. Experience with advanced programmes for statistical analysis of data is a distinct advantage;
- Solid regional experience and good knowledge of the RBEC region is an asset.
- Fluency in English. Russian is an advantage.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only:https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=25348&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 22, 2019.