IDLO is seeking a short-term Anti-Corruption Reform Expert who will be seconded to work in and for the Administration of the President of Ukraine, Anti-Corruption, Justice and Law Enforcement Reform Support Team. Deadline - 5 July 2019.
Більше можливостей для працевлаштування у розділі «Вакансії»
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law.
To learn more about IDLO, please visit our website www.idlo.int or follow us on Twitter @IDLO.
IDLO is seeking a short-term Anti-Corruption Reform Expert who will be seconded to work in and for the Administration of the President of Ukraine, Anti-Corruption, Justice and Law Enforcement Reform Support Team. The core role of the Expert would be to advise the Administration on the reform policy, generate proposals for improving its elements, including but not limited to drafting elements of legislation, liaise with international partners on issues of anti-corruption, summarize and adapt for domestic application elements of international anti-corruption policy best practices that may be promising for Ukraine. It is expected that the work of the Expert shall commence on July 15 and will last until the end of December 2019. The Expert will be permanently located with the Administration (working on-site) and will report to IDLO.
Summary of functions:
In cooperation and under the supervision of the IDLO Country Manager, and at the request of the Administration of the President, the Expert is expected to:
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of the current anti-corruption reform policy;
- Advise on strategic and tactical measures to reform the anti-corruption system along international best practices ensuring appropriate execution of its functions;
- Provide practical recommendations on the improvement of policy elements;
- Identify and recommend applicable solutions and approaches borrowed from the international context;
- Draft major elements and principles of relevant regulations, draft laws and other legal instruments within the recommended reform approach;
- Liaise with international partners and representatives of foreign agencies that work on issues of anti-corruption and provide the Administration with relevant out-briefs;
- Participate in IDLO- and Administration-organized events;
- Assist the IDLO country office with issues of monitoring, evaluation and reporting on progress achieved by the Administration on implementing planned activities to strengthen the anti-corruption reform;
Specific tasks will include:
- Advise the Administration of the President of Ukraine on strategic issues of the anti-corruption reform;
- Track potential systemic issues and develop applicable solutions;
- Draft high-quality concept papers;
- Provide comprehensive analysis of relevant legislation, as well as propose potential legislative amendments, based on research and the incumbent’s legal knowledge.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Education and Experience
- Graduate degree in Law.
- Minimum of 5 years of broad, progressively responsible professional experience in rule of law, anti-corruption or criminal justice field, with a focus on the reform process.
- Proven experience in conceptualizing and presenting practical solutions in a high-paced, quality-driven environment.
- Demonstrated experience in working with government bodies or international organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian are required.
Technical and Behavioral competencies
- Solid understanding and knowledge of the political system, government bodies and international organizations, and the justice and rule of law sector in Ukraine.
- Interest in and capacity to interpret political and policy developments and to relate them to the assigned activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication and team coordination skills; ability to work constructively with several internal and external stakeholders. Confident in any surrounding and at working at all levels when dealing with different stakeholders.
- Excellent legal writing, strong technical drafting and editing skills with attention to detail including when under pressure.
- Focus on quality: Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a busy environment.
- Flexible approach, able to work in complex situations.
- Good team player, positive attitude, flexible, and comfortable in working in multi-cultural settings.
- Sound organizational and planning skills.
- Keen sense of ethics and integrity.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The selected candidate will be offered a Single Engagement contract through December 31, 2019.
For this position, IDLO shall offer a competitive salary based on experience. Please attach only Curriculum and Cover Letter.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via https://www.impactpool.org/jobs/494158
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Closing Date: 2019-07-05 (23:59 hrs. Rome Time).