Проект USAID «Підтримка організацій-лідерів у протидії корупції в Україні «ВзаємоДія" (SACCI)» шукає експерта із законодавства про захист викривачів корупції. Дедлайн: 10 лютого 2019 року.
Whistleblower Legislation Expert (STTA) Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a US-based international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E). MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
The SACCI project provides support to strengthening the national-level legislative that regulates whistleblower protection as a part of the anticorruption reform in Ukraine. In late 2018 the SACCI Project conducted research, stakeholder mapping, and facilitated expert discussions related to whistleblower protection reform. The meetings and desk research confirmed that current whistleblower protection legislation and practices have been ineffective to date and require significant improvements. The discussions also confirmed a lack of consensus among stakeholders regarding the origin and the source of current problems and the next steps for whistleblower protection reform.
Stakeholder discussions pointed out at the needs for the development of a consensus among stakeholders in addressing the key challenges for whistleblower protection reform. This requires a comprehensive analysis of case studies and the current environment surrounding the issue in Ukraine, specifically through the lens of the international best practice.
MSI is seeking a short-term Whistleblower Legislation Expert (hereinafter referred to as Expert) with experience in developing and implementing whistleblower protection reform in Ukraine. The consultant will work as a Team Lead with a team of local and international experts (here-in-after referred as “Team”) on the development of the Concept Paper on Whistleblower Protection, reviewing the drafts legislation and cases, provide technical advice, and work with local and international experts to further advance the best approaches to building the whistleblowing protections and the legislation, relying on the Ukraine context and experience.
The Expert will develop the Work Plan for the Team, lead the development of the detailed outline of the Concept Paper, coordinate the Team and develop Concept Paper to contribute the identification of challenges and needs for whistleblower protection reform, recommendations given context and environment of Ukraine. The Concept Paper should address the following issues among others: whistleblower definition, reporting and channels, protection measures, institutional support, etc. The Concept Paper will establish the groundwork for the development of a ‘Road Map’ for legal drafting, advocacy, and communication efforts.
The Expert will participate in the presentation of the Concept Paper for stakeholders’ discussion in order to build consensus around the approach and the plan for next steps and finalize a detailed roadmap.
The assignment is expected to start in February 2019. The anticipated level-of-effort for this assignment is 22 expert days until April 30, 2019, no trips is envisioned.
The Work Plan for the Team and detailed outline of the Concept Paper developed;
Concept Paper for whistleblower reform (draft Concept Paper) developed;
Participate in presenting the Concept Paper to stakeholders, finalizing the Concept Paper, and developing a ‘Road Map’ for improving and promoting whistleblower reform
- Develop the Team Work Plan and the draft Outline of the Concept Paper;
- Coordinate the Team Work to meet Work Plan and other deadlines;
- Review whistleblower cases in Ukraine and analyze the challenges considering the best practice and international standards;
- Review current and draft legislation on whistleblower protection and collected expert opinions;
- Adapt recommendations of the international expert on the application of international best practice to the context of Ukraine;
- Develop the Draft Concept Paper based on other local and international experts’ contribution;
- Participate in presenting the Draft Concept Paper to stakeholders and refine the Concept paper accordingly;
- Contribute to the development of a ‘Road Map’ for improving and promoting whistleblower reform.
- Master’s degree in law, political science, public policy, public administration or other relevel field;
- Over 5 years of experience in anti-corruption (particularly whistleblower protection), transparency and integrity in the government and non-governmental sectors;
- Experience in developing and implementing anti-corruption policies and legislation on whistleblower protection in Ukraine;
- Knowledge of UN, EU and other international standards on whistleblower protection, demonstrated ability to work with international standards and guidelines and summarize the findings into reports and analytical papers;
- Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines;
- Prior experience with USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English language knowledge (writing) required.
Application submission deadline is February 10, 2019, by 6:00 PM Kyiv time.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Please follow the link:
through Internet Explorer when submitting your application.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com