Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Office Manager.
Chemonics seeks qualified specialists for the USAID Ukraine Democratic Governance East (DG East) Activity. DG East aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in Eastern Ukraine and effectively promote civic awareness, social entrepreneurship, citizen engagement, and the benefits of broad integration into the Euro-Atlantic community through more responsive local governance in areas most affected by conflict and divisive influences. The technical and administrative specialists will be based in Mariupol.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Supervise general office administration, human resource management, and the daily needs of office operations, including drafting personnel documents, lease agreements, service agreements, and other administrative responsibilities.
• Initiate and coordinate cooperation between the Kyiv, Kramatorsk, Severodonetsk, and Mariupol offices.
• Submit operational expense projections to the Finance Manager in Kyiv on a monthly basis with support from the Administrative Assistant.
• Manage the petty cash account for the Kramatorsk office.
• Monitor administrative activities and ensure that project practices are in line with the policy manual and security procedures.
• Responsible for compliance with project Safety and Security Plan, including following and updating required protocols, obtaining security-related information from relevant authorities (e.g., Chemonics headquarters, DG East Kyiv office, national, regional, and local government authorities) and disseminating this information, as necessary, to project staff, the project Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party; as well as serving as security point of contact for traveling staff.
• Collect employee references and biodata verification documents from potential short- and long-term labor designated to the Kramatorsk regional office, and prepare biodata verification packages for staff channeled through the Kramatorsk office for Operations Director review.
• Ensure all timesheets are filled out correctly by local staff in the Kramatorsk office.
• Oversee and assist, as necessary, the Administrative Assistant in making hotel and flight reservations for local and international staff, and consultants engaged as operational STTA, as well as consultants traveling to and within Ukraine.
• Assist with maintenance of project electronic and hard copy filing system, as well as operational procurement procedures, including preparation and administration of tenders, identification of vendors, collection of price quotes, and documentation of the procurement process for all files originating in the Kramatorsk office.
• Create and maintain an up to date inventory file for project property.
• Oversee the Administrative Assistant in ensuring IT and office equipment and furniture in the Kramatorsk office operates efficiently and the office internal and external infrastructure remains functional; coordinate repair or replacement, as necessary.
• Oversee the Administrative Assistant in procuring office supplies, greeting and assisting visitors, and scheduling meetings and events.
• Manage communications with the office landlord and Deputy Chief of Party’s residential landlord in Kramatorsk.
• Prepare and verify TSA and taxi drivers’ logs.
• Other duties as assigned, including providing coverage to other DG East offices at times of increased activity or staff absences in other offices.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
• At least (3) years of relevant office administration, bookkeeping, financial management, program management, HR management, and/or accounting experience required, with preference for USAID-funded administrative experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of office administration.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good judgement that reflects positively on the DG East program.
• Ability to effectively use computer software. Demonstrated high proficiency with Excel spreadsheet applications is required.
• Fluent Ukrainian and Russian required and fluent English strongly preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com with their technical area of expertise listed in the subject line by January 11, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.