Post title: Administrative Assistant
Location/Duty station: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Application Deadline: 9 August 2015
Type of Contract: SSA
Languages Required: English, Ukrainian, Russian
Duration of Initial Contract: till 31 of December 2015 with possible extension
The Administrative Assistant is located in UNFPA Kharkiv Office and reports to Senior GBV Field Coordinator.
She/he provides support to the UNFPA Kharkiv Office staff in substantial and operational support to programme and finance sections to ensure smooth implementation of programme activities including support to logistical arrangements for project activities and management of information flow.
Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the programme and operations staff in the CO, UNFPA HQ and Regional Office, UN Agencies, national counterparts, international consultants, and service providers as required, exchanging information and supporting programme delivery.
He/she takes a client-oriented, results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines in service of the country programme, providing support UNFPA-supported projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support programme implementation activities through assistance in organization of conferences, workshops, trainings, meetings
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents
- Performance of a Buyer role in Atlas and POs creation
- Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
- In case of absence of the Admin/Finance Associate acts as back-up covering minimum required functions
- Draft correspondence, documents and reports ensuring that they correspond to the established standards and templates; in consultation with other CO personnel respond to requests for information, including those of a confidential nature, in a timely, discrete and accurate manner
- Assistance to programme staff in liaison with governmental and non-governmental organizations for co-ordination of programmes
- Contribution to project design and formulation, data collection, maintenance of project related database, project implementation, data analysis and progress reporting
- Vendor relations, including vendor performance monitoring and oversight
- Contribution to preparation of reports by providing information, preparing tables and drafting
- Provision of inputs for briefing materials for meetings, missions, visitors, seminars, conferences
- Maintenance of project related files
- Written translation of documents, when needed
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
University Degree in Management, Finance, Law or other relevant areas required;
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least three years of professional experience both on the national and international levels in administration, management, social development etc;
- Experience in drafting of information and background documentation, presentation materials, reports, summaries etc;
- Experience in collecting and analyzing information contained in communications and publications;
- Experience in organization of workshops, seminars, conferences and other types of meetings;
- Experience in travel management;
- Experience in organization of procurement processes;
- Experience in liaising with governmental and non-governmental authorities;
- Ability to write and communicate in a clear and concise manner;
- Experience with UN system and procedures will be considered as a strong asset;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc),
1. Values/Guiding principles:
- Commitment to the Organization and its mandate;
- Cultural sensitivity/valuing diversity.
2. Building and managing relationships
- Working in teams;
- Communicating information and ideas;
- Self-management/emotional intelligence;
- Conflict management/negotiations and resolving disagreements.
3. Personal leadership and effectiveness:
- Analytical and strategic thinking;
- Results orientation/commitment to excellence;
- Appropriate and transparent decision making;
- Knowledge sharing/continuous learning
- Logistic support
- Managing data
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and workflow
- Information collecting and analyzing
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking
- Managing financial processes
- Job knowledge/technical expertise
- Strong time management skill.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required, subject to written testing
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants that fulfil the above requirements are requested to submit a CV and a cover letter describing their professional interests in working for UNFPA.
The deadline for submission of applications is 09 August, 2015.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please, indicate Administrative Assistant (Kharkiv) in the subject.
E-mail: [email protected]